Friday, June 23, 2006

It's Finally Friday!!

Heidi writes:

Hello!! It is finally Friday - an end to a long week and one day closer to win the weather here is suppose to go back down to 98...that will be such a cool down!! By the time 8:00am comes, it is already over 80 degrees! The meteorologists say that by next Wed. or Thurs., the temperature should be in the 90s.

Today was also test day for Jeff and I! We both passed our written tests - YEAH! We can expect our Cali licenses in the mail in about 2-4 weeks. For now, we get to carry around a half sheet of paper. I got 3 wrong and Jeff got 2. However, it took Jeff about twice as long to complete his test! Oh, and Krista - the merging into the bike lane for a right hand turn question was on mine!! Thanks :-) We also both got our cars registered for CA. We have to get a smog test performed to make everything official, so we will probably do that sometime this weekend and get plates sometime next week.

In other news, I have started running with Jeff!! I know, I know...I can hardly believe it myself. I am not a great runner, especially with distance, but I am slowly adding a little more each day we run. Plus, this heat is horrible to run in. The humidity is low, which is both good and not so good - your mouth gets dry fast! I chug gatorade at home all day before we go, so that helps a little. We have been going to the park at least 3 days a week. Jeff has been patient with me and running a little slower of a pace to stay with me. He always does a couple extra laps after I can't run anymore...someday I will be able to keep up with him! My goal is to run the General Mills 5k race next May or whenever they have it. On Wednesday, we were walking a cool down lap and a little birdie pooped on Jeff's arm!! It was just a little tiny bit, but I thought it was pretty funny :-)

I would also like to congratulate Geoff and Kristen on the arrival of Lily!!! I am very happy for you two!! Send more pictures when you have time!

OK, it is almost 3:30pm here. I have about a 1/2 hour before Jeff leaves work, so I think I am going to take a nap. I think we are going out to dinner with some people and hanging out afterwards. The white-water rafting trip is all finalized for Sunday...I am a little nervous, but really excited! My dad said the best thing to us - "Tell Jeff to wear a football helmet to protect his face!" It made me smile and then made me worry...hopefully no injuries will occur!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey heidi and jeff!
so this is the first time for me to your blog and it is pretty neat. so only a week until mom comes up here so i suppose i better get busy and have our house all clean and tidy for her. but nothing else is new up here. the weather has been pretty crappy with rain and last night the power went out everywhere, from anchorage to all the way up to fairbanks! ours was out for about 3 or 4 hours but at least it was around 9pm when it happened so we just went to bed. but hope everything is good and i will talk to you guys later
Miss

6/26/2006 3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home