Monday, March 24, 2008

A month and no post...

WOW! I can't believe it has already been a month since I last posted. Sorry about the delay! Things have been quite busy here. I have recovered from shingles and can handle what is left. I also passed my masters comps!! YAY!! Now I just need to get through my last two classes.

I had an amazing trip to Boston. I was there March 5-12. I was able to catch up with some friends (Hal, Collin, and some NDSU peeps) and also toured the city some. Here are a few pictures:

Kari and I walked to Fenway Park. It was pretty cool and the tour was fun. There is a ton of construction going on right now, but it was still neat to see. Above is the field with the green monster in left field. Below is me sitting in the oldest seats in baseball! (They are not very comfy and are quite compact!)

Kari, Jason and I decided to walk to the Real World Boston House (above) and then to Cheers (below) as they were both pretty close to our hotel.
Kari and I also decided to walk the Freedom Trail one morning. It was amazing and was one of my favorite things to do. We didn't finish the whole trail because we had to get back for the conference, but we saw a lot.
Above is the Canary Burial Ground. This cemetary is right inthe middle of downtown Boston and the a few of the people buried here include: the parents of Benjamin Franklin, Paul Revere, John Hancock, and Samual Adams. Below is the tombstone of Paul Revere.

Another stop on the Freedom Trail was the original state house (above). The balcony is where the Declaration of Independence was originally read. Below the balcony is where the Boston Massacre happened.
Another amazing site in Boston is Trinity Church. It is absolutely gorgeous. This picture does not do it justice - it is just amazing. The city is full of beautiful churches.
We also got to see where the Boston Tea Party occurred. I had a great trip and would love to go back and see more. Although, I was very ready to go back to Cali at the end of the trip.
When I got back, Jeff was in San Fran for training so we got to spend a few days together. He is also here now and we had a pretty cool Easter...that blog to follow!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home