Wednesday, April 09, 2008

It's already April!

I can't believe how fast time is flying by! I had a great time while Jeff was out here. We went to Murphy, CA to go down into a cave one day. Here are a few pictures from the trip:
Above: Cool formations on the walls in the cave.
Below: Wall formation known as the chocolate waterfall. It really does look like one!

Above: Jeff going down the first set of stairs. There really wasn't a whole lot of room between the walls!
Below: The spiral staircase we walked down. It was made out of the steel of a WWI battle ship!
The picture below is of Jeff and Heidi in the cave.
After our cruise through Moaning Cavern, we decided to go zip-lining. It was awesome! We didn't get any pictures, but I absolutely had a blast doing it!
Other than that, we hung out a lot with friends at Pacific and GM. We also played a lot of whiffle ball - which is an amazing sport! We got an awesome bat at a thrift store and definitely think we have gotten our $1.50 out of it!
I have been quite busy with work and classes lately...it never seems to end. However, I am determined (and sort of need to be) done with all of my assigments by April 30th! Crazy to think that I will soon be graduating with a masters. Some good things I found out: I am being inducted into Phi Kappa Phi which is a very prestigious academic honor society! I was selected to receive an award (only one given a year) for making outstanding contributions to the campus and for the leadership I have taken in my academic program! The dean of students (also my advisor) sent me flowers today! They are absolutely beautiful! She is such an amazing woman! Still waiting on the job front. I am being a little picky in what I apply for, but I am hoping to hear something soon. In other news, I got my haircut! There is a program on campus to get people to donate their hair and I decided to particpate! I chopped off 9 inches (Pantene will accept 8 for donations)! I like it and am still getting used to having short hair, but it is fun!

Me with short hair. It is nto the best picture, but you get the gest.

OK, I am off! I hope everyone is doing well!

2 Comments:

Blogger Karin - BluePip Designs said...

The wall formations look like bats to me!

I love your new haircut. I'm finally used to my short hair after about 6 weeks but there are still days that I wish I could do a ponytail :)

4/10/2008 10:43 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I think it looks great on you! And what a great thing to be able to donate! Good luck with finishing up, you have really made an amazing impression, I'm so excited for you! Lots o Love!

4/17/2008 11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home