Thursday, March 08, 2007

A fatherly visit...

My dad was able to spend a couple of days with Jeff and I this week. It was great seeing him. My Aunt Linda (dad's sister) bought a car in San Diego, so she flew dad there to drive the car up to Portland for her. My Uncle Mike (dad's brother) flew from Portland to San Diego to make the drive with dad. They got here for dinner on Tuesday and I was able to spend all day Wednesday and had breakfast with dad today. They are now on their way to Portland. All though it was a short visit, we had a lot of fun!


My dad had never been wine tasting before, so I thought that I would show him around Lodi. We started Wednesday out by touring campus and he was able to meet a ton of people. We then went to lunch at Woodbridge Pizza - it is delicious and Jeff was able to meet us for lunch. I then took dad to 4 wineries - Woodbridge, Jessie's Grove, Michael Davids, and Van Ruiten. Our friend Bill was working in the tasting room at Woodbridge and dad really enjoyed talking to him. We learned that they have enough vats to hold 50,000,000 (that's million) gallons of liquid (wine and/or juice)!! Dad was pretty impressed with the layout and how big the winery actually is! He also really enjoyed Jessie's Grove. There is a lot of history there and it is still family owned. Luckily, the owner was in the tasting room and we were able to talk to him and he told dad everything! Michael Davids is a fun winery to see, but weren't there too long. We headed over to Van Ruiten's when Jeff got off of work and met him there. The owner was also in the tasting room and we had a good time talking to him. I bought a few bottles to send with dad up to Portland to drink with the family. I think they will enjoy them! We had dinner that evening at Garlic Brothers which is right on the delta in Stockton. It was a nice setting and had beautiful views. Here are a couple of pictures from the day:


Above: Dad and Jeff at Van Ruiten's tasting room.

The above picture is of me and my dad. The picture below is of Uncle Mike, me, and dad. We had just finished eating at Garlic Brothers.
We ended last night by heading back to our apartment and played a few games of cribbage and poker. Dad was able to come to campus this morning and I treated him to breakfast at the dining hall. It was great seeing him and I know that he had a good time visiting!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Hey! My parents are coming on Tuesday! I can't wait to see them. I'm hoping to get to Cali to visit when I'm done playing in Germany, how long are you guys planning on staying there?! Love you!

3/10/2007 4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home