Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A conference in Texas

Heidi writes:

I got back last night from a conference I went to in Addison, TX. I was there since Friday morning and have to say that I was happy to get back to Stockton. It was a great conference and the First Year Experience, but it was filled with long days of sitting in sessions and networking. I attended two pre-conference workshops and loved them. I also was a presenter and the session went great. My colleagues and I are definitely putting in a proposal for next year's conference and possible one that will be in November. I could go into all of the student development things related to FYE, but I won't bore you. Another great plus to the weekend was the vendors. I came away with about 30 free books!! The publishing companies were just giving them away! The books range from Freakonomics to Forty Million Dollar Slaves to Enrique's Journey. I have a lot of reading to do! I was sad that I didn't get to hang out with Krista and Nic, but I am looking forward to seeing you (and everyone else) in Vegas in June!
Sorry there are no pictures to post. I had the camera and didn't take any!! I think that is a first :-)

Jeff spent the weekend hanging out with friends and touring San Francisco (again). I love that city!

I hope all is well with everyone! Oh, and congrats to my friends - one on the engagement and two others on the baby!! (I won't say names in case others don't know)!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you guys are definitely going to meet us in Vegas?

2/22/2007 7:51 AM  
Blogger Hal and Anna said...

Heidi, student development theory is never a boring topic, especially when it deals with FYE. ;) Hal

2/24/2007 6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home