Monday, April 30, 2007

Ports and a festival!

The week was a complete blur for me, but I had a great weekend. It started out on Thursday when Jeff and I, along with some co-workers, went to the Stockton Ports baseball game. We always have a good time when we go. Tickets for the homerun hill are only $5, so it makes for some cheap entertainment! Here is a picture of Jeff and I at the game:

It was Pacific night at the stadium, so there were quite of few people from my school there. At the end of the game, I convinced Power-Cat (our mascot) to wrestle in the grass :-)

Jeff had a retreat for Leadership Lodi for part of the weekend. On Saturday I spent about 10 hours doing research for a take-home final. I am about 1/2 way done! It is due on Thursday, so I will need to spend a good chuck on this week doing homework too. Jeff got back on Sunday morning and we decided to go to the Asparagus Festival! Yes, Stockton has an event dedicated to asparagus! It was really hot on Sunday, so we only stayed for a couple of hours, but here are a few pictures of the day:

They had a hole-in-one contest to see who could hit a golf ball from a make-shift peir to a floating platform. It was quite funny to watch the guys on the platform be hit with flying golf balls - that is one summer job I would not want!
A highligh of the Aspargus Festival is all of the food and beverages made from or with asapagus. Below is a advertising for the aspara-ritas! We decided to pass on that beverage!

We did wait in line for the famous deepfried asparagus. Below is a picture of our half-eaten food:
I took the following picture to show you part of the waterfront of downtown Stockton. In the distance there is the Ports baseball stadium. The building with all of the windows is the arena where the Stockton Thunder (hockey), California Cougars (indoor soccer) and Stockton Lightening (arena football) play their home games. We have yet to go to the arena, but it is on our list. To the right of the arena (not pictured) is a construction site where about 300 condos are going in and to the left (where the people are walking and not pictured) is the amphitheatre and Weber's Point. It is a pretty nice place to walk around.

This week will be a little crazy for me as it is my last week of classes! OK, I have one next Monday, but we just have to listen to final presentations and my group presents tonight, so technically, it is my last week of classes. I have about 6 assignments left! I am so ready for summer!!

2 Comments:

Blogger The Zoecklers said...

A whole festival for ASPARAGUS! How could you ask for more :)

Good luck with your last week. What're you doing for the summer?

5/02/2007 6:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm pretty disappointed that you didn't try the aspara-rita... jk I am though.

5/11/2007 11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home