Thursday, May 22, 2008

Last Post from the CA

It's all gone...the movers came this morning, packed everything up, and hauled it away. I now have a pretty empty apartment and the bare essentials in my office. It will be an odd night without everything. However, with that being said, I will be heading back to MN tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully I will get some sleep before than!

Graduation was amazing...well, the whole weekend was amazing! I recieved an award for outstanding leadership for a graduate student on Friday and then had an amazing dinner with the Student Life people and my cohort. Saturday was a great day for graduation - very hot (100+!) but it was great. That night Jeff and I hung out with our Lodi friends one last time. I had so much fun and will greatly miss them all!! Thanks for a great night!

I have been asked a few times if our blog name will change now that we are no longer 2000 miles from home. The answer - not sure. Currently, Cali is my home so moving to MN would make me 2000 miles from home. I guess time will tell...

To wrap up - Thanks California for an amazing two years! I will greatly miss my friends, Yosemite, San Francisco, the wine! (I will be bring a few bottles - cases - back), Tahoe, and so much more!


Accepting my diploma from Dean Beck - she is an amazing woman!
Dean of Students Joanna is hooding me! She is superb and I will truly miss her and her leadership!
YAY!! I graduated!
Congrats to the Masters - Aaron, Jason, Kari, Heidi, Sylvia, Sayil, and Alyssa - and all those not present - Alicia, Deb, and Geoffrey! We did it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Karin - BluePip Designs said...

Have a safe drive back! And what a fantastic picture of you receiving your diploma!

5/22/2008 4:44 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Congrats!!! and might I add just how CUTE your haircut is!!

I hope i works for you to stop in on your way through Des Moines, though I understand if that's close enough that you just want to get "home." or, wherever. :)

5/22/2008 7:21 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

miss you! can you believe the time is over already! WILD!

6/19/2008 11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home