Monday, July 17, 2006

It's been a while...

Heidi writes:

Sorry it has been a few days since the last post. The end of last week was pretty slow. I went to the Farmer's Market on Thursday (my normal ritual) and had a meeting on campus most of the day on Friday. I did get to have lunch with Jeff and Alyssa Randall - she was at the plant for a couple days and we went to Matsuyamas - a really good sushi place.

On Saturday, we got up early and played tennis for over 2 hours. Brent, a Gen Mills employee, is pretty good and was kind enough to give us "lessons." He showed us how to serve and how to make our backhands better - it was fun and my serve was pretty amazing a couple times! Although, we were pretty sore Saturday evening and Sunday - my wrist and arm are still aching a little! Saturday evening we saw You, Me, and Depree - it was pretty hilarious. Jeff and I both enjoyed it. We went to the Cactus (very good Mexican restaurant) with a few people after that.

On Sunday, we got up super early and drove up to South Lake Tahoe with Kristen, Kyle, and Ted. We went on a bike ride along paved trails and saw some pretty neat sites. We rode probably 10 miles all together and my butt is pretty sore! At one point, we went on the off-road trails - not fun to me!! It was pretty scarey - we were right next to the edge of the cliff that went down to a creek and there were all of these huge rocks in the middle of the narrow trail and I ran into a few bushes along the way - my legs have the scraps and bruises to prove it! I got through it though and then the guys wanted to go again, so Kristen and I decided to wait for them - we both needed the break! Below are some pictures of the day.

These first two pictures (one above and one below) are of Caples Lake. We needed a stretch break and this one looked nice! It was gorgeous! The top picture is one of my favorites because you can see the shape of the moon in the sky.


The picture below is of me and Jeff. We stopped along the way to pose with the bear. I think it is a cute picture!

These two pictures (one above and one below) are of Lake Tahoe. We were on the south end of it, so it didn't look very big. The color of the water was amazing! At the end of the bike ride, we grabbed some food and ate at one of the beaches, then we decided to take a dip. The water was pretty cold, but it felt nice - it was a warm day!


The picture below is of Jeff through part of the off-road trail. This was one of the "easy" parts of the trail. We didn't get too many pictures of us on the bikes because we were riding (duh!), but I did get a couple of the guys when they did the trail a second time.

The picture below is of Ted - he is a pretty "extreme" biker. I chose to walk my bike down the hill!


As for the coming week - I was hoping to find a cheap plane ticket to Chicago - my Aunt Dorothy passed away and I really wanted to go to her funeral. However, I couldn't find any that were less than $500 and that is a bit much. However, we are planning on going to a concert on Tuesday evening and this weekend we will be going camping in Yosemite - I am excited for that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home