Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Weekend in Tahoe

Jeff and I spent the weekend in Tahoe with friends. We were able to rent a gorgeous house with an amazing view of the lake. Here is a photo journal of the weekend:

Above is the back of the house that we stayed in. Not the greatest picture, but the sun was shining and it made it difficult to get a good shot. There were three levels to the house. It had 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. There were 2 decks - the lower one has a hot tub. It was great!
Soon after we got there on Saturday, Jeff and a few others decided to hike up gunbarrel - a ski run at Heavenly. The house was pretty close to Heavenly Ski Resort. (Yes, Heavenly is where we skiied earlier this year.) The picture above shows the part of the run they walked/hiked up - Lake Tahoe in the background. The picture below is of gunbarrel (on the left).
While some were hiking, I stayed back at the house to enjoy the view and get some sun and also to catch up with Toni and Outing. Well, stupid me didn't think I would get sun-burned, but I was wrong! It was disappointing because I couldn't enjoy the hot tub :-( However, my redness is slowly going away and I really wasn't in pain, so that was a good thing.
We were able to watch the sunset over the mountains and lake. It was beautiful!
On Suday, a few of us drove to Emerald Bay. I have talked about this in previous posts and posted pictures. We decided to hike down the the "beach" area. It was pretty cool to see. In the picture below, you can see where a rockslide took out part of the mountain. Road crews are currently working to build a retaining wall and more support for the road.
I learned something new about Tahoe this weekend - it has a waterfall! Eagle Falls is comprised of the upper and lower falls. It was a fun hike back to the base and was pretty neat to see. I love waterfalls! In the picture above, you can see my sunburn - especially in my face with the white sunglasses mark around my eyes :-) Below is a picture of Lower Eagle Falls.
We ended Sunday night with another amazing sunset. This time the whole sky turned pink and then slightly red. It was a great site to see as we were eating dinner!
Jeff and I left on Monday, but did some shopping in Tahoe before leaving. We had a great weekend!







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home