Sunday, June 24, 2007

What happens in Vegas, gets posted!


Jeff and I had a great time in Vegas. It was great seeing friends and hanging out in the city. On Friday, we were the first to arrive, so we hung out at our hotel (we stayed at Hooters) and went for a quick walk around MGM. That night, we met up with everyone for dinner and watched the volcano go off at the Mirage. We walked the strip for a while and hung out at Monte Carlo. A few of us decided to play in a poker tournament at the Monte Carlo Saturday morning. There were around 45 people playing total and I just happened to get second! The money I won there paid for our meals and shows for the rest of the weekend. Below is a picture of me with the chips I won!
That evening we went to dinner at the Tournament of Kings show at the Excalibur. Alex, Seth, Tim, and Ed joined us. We were seated in the Austria section and I think we had the rowdiest section of all. Sticking with the theme, there were no utensils to use for dinner, so we drank our soup and ate our broccoli, potatoes, and cornish game hen with our fingers - it was great! Below is a picture of the "stadium". We weren't allowed to take pictures during the show.

That night Jeff, Alex, and I walked the strip some more. We walked to the Bellagio to look around. It was pretty cool. Below is a picture of the lobby ceiling:

We also watched the water show a couple of times. This was one of Jeff's favorite things to watch:
On Sunday, a few of us decided to go to Circus Circus. We ended up playing a game of mini golf. It was a lot of fun and I made 3 hole-in-ones...Ed still dominated all of us! Below is a picture of Jeff, me, Ed, and Tim. Ben, Sarah, Alex, Seth, and Bob also played.
That evening Jeff and I had dinner with my cousin and then met back up with everyone to watch a Cirque du Soleil show. The show was absolutely amazing. It is too bad that we couldn't take pictures! We stayed up until after 3am. Monday morning we had breakfast at Hooters and then walked the strip one last time. Jeff and I were supposed to fly out at 8pm, but our flight was delayed and we didn't get back to Stockton until 2am. This week has been one of the longest work weeks ever!
On Tuesday and Wednesday I worked from 7:30am - 11pm!! Crazy! We had check-outs for summer session 1 and check-ins for summer session 2 this weekend. I am the GRD on-call, so I was dealing with a lot yesterday. However, we did manage to sneak away to see Evan Almighty. I really enjoyed the movie! Sorry that it took so long to post about Vegas, it has just been nuts. We fly to MN on Thursday of this week, so I have a few things to get done before going. There will probably be no posts until we get back, so have a great 4th of July everyone!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw you guys are making me want to go to Vegas again looking at your pics! That's awesome that you placed so well in the tournament Heidi! The Bellagio water fountain was one of my favorite things too, it's really sweet from the top of Paris' Eiffel Tower! I love the spinning bar at Circus Circus, especially since it was in Fear and Loathing ;P Miss you!!!
Missy Bachler

7/06/2007 12:47 PM  
Blogger The Zoecklers said...

Vegas looks like it was awesome! I'm so sad we'll miss you guys while you're in MN. Take care and try to relax a little!

7/10/2007 8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home