Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Yosemite Falls and Views

On Sunday, we drove to Glacier Point, Washburn Point, and drove by Yosemite Falls. We decided not to stop at Yosemite Falls because we just wanted to get back to shower and sleep!

Glacier Point:
This is an amazing look-out point. You can see so many of the spectacular views of Yosemite. From this perch, you can look down 3,214 feet to the Valley floor!



The picture above shows Half Dome on the left and the two waterfalls are Vernal and Nevada. It was great seeing them from far away - knowing that I had hiked to the top of them!

The picture on the left shows Vernal and Nevada Falls and the picture of the right shows a close up of Half Dome. Half Dome rises 8,842 feet. It is 87 million years old!



The picture above is me - with Vernal and Nevada Falls in the background.

Yosemite Falls view from Glacier Point!






Washburn Point:

Washburn Point is about a mile away from Glacier Point. You can see pretty much the same stuff, but the view still wows me!


Jeff and I enjoying the view!




Yosemite Falls:
I took these pictures while driving past Yosemite Falls. The upper and lower falls, and an intermediate cascade, drop 2,425 feet and combine to make the tallest waterfall in North America and the 5th tallest waterfall in the world.

















So those are the pictures that I am going to share with you. I hope you enjoyed all of them. If you ever come to visit and want to go to Yosemite, I will be happy to drive down there. It is great. I know that Jeff and I are planning on going back. You have to book campsites in the park a few months to a year in advance, so we will see if we can book one for next year sometime.

1 Comments:

Blogger Seth R. said...

Oh...WOW! Those pictures are amazing.

7/30/2006 10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home