Sunday, August 27, 2006

School is back in session

Heidi writes:

Well, training is over and all of the residents are here and classes start tomorrow! There were a lot of fun activities these past couple of days on campus for all of us. On Friday, we say "V for Vendetta". I wasn't sure if I would like it, but I really did enjoy it and would recommend people to see it. It was playing in our campus theatre. On the way home, I noticed a lot more activies taking place in our student union area. Jeff and I walked up there and we got to build a stuff animal. I made an elephant and Jeff made a cow. They are so cute!




Yesterday, there was a carnival for us. I really enjoyed myself. I had cotton candy, nachos, a rootbeer float and midnight breakfast! I think going on the inflatables so many times built up an appetite. My favorite inflatable was a giant 30ft slide. I think I went down it about 25 times and each time was just as fun! It was great. Jeff and I also got our picture taken in the giant chair. Unfortunately, it was with a polaroid camera and I don't have a scanner so I will not be posting that picture. I also got an airbrush tattoo. Since I am not allowed to get anymore real ones, I thought that an airbrush tat would be the next best thing.

Today we played tennis and then went to the Welcome Back BBQ. It was a good time. I have my first class tomorrow and am looking forward to it. I will post later this week to let you know how classes are going. I will also take a couple pictures of my office. Jeff and I are also hoping to get some more pictures of the grapes - they are now purple and harvest time is just around the corner. We found a place that has a grape stomp celebration, so I am hoping that I get to participate!!

Other good news - we got tickets to 2 of the San Francisco 49ers games - one on Nov. 5 when they take on the Minnesota Vikings and the other on Dec. 1o when they take on the Green Bay Packers!! I am so excited!

Ok, that is all for now. I hope all is going well for everyone! Let us know if you want pictures of anything specific :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Hal and Anna said...

Heidi!!! Don't believe the Happy Cow propaganda!! It's lies!! You know where the real happy cows are...Good Ole Wisconsin. AKA, the GLORYLAND.

8/30/2006 3:34 PM  
Blogger The Zoecklers said...

Jeff and Heidi, we are so jealous of all the cool things you guys are doing! AND you still get to see the Vikes and the Pack! It's the best of both worlds!

Good luck as school starts. We'll be thinking of you!

Miss you both,
Geoff, Kristen, and Lily

9/05/2006 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home