Thursday, July 27, 2006

Move-In Day...hopefully!

Heidi writes:

Does anyone else ever have problems with movers? The people that are supposed to deliver our stuff today was supposed to be here between 9 and 10 this morning - they showed up at 10:59! I went out of Wemyss Hall to meet them and they asked if everything had been packed and if the boxes were ready to go. I gave them a confused look and said that you are supposed to have my stuff and you should be dropping it off for me! The guy gave me a confused look and then got on his cell phone trying to figure out what was going on. After about a 1/2 hour, we said that our stuff was either being delivered to another house (the people at the house was expecting their stuff to be picked up) or it is still in the warehouse - and hopefully it was in the warehouse out here and not in MN!! So, the movers left and said they would find the stuff and bring it later today. I am just hoping that they have it all and that we get it today! So, in the mean time, I am moving what we brought with us over to the tiny new apartment and waiting for a call from the movers. Everyone just think good thoughts about our things and the movers :-)

I am not sure when I will be able to post again. We have internet at the apartment, but I have to figure out where it hooks up at and if we can put in our wireless router. I start training on Monday, so hopefully I will be able to write something Monday evening about how the remaining of today goes and the rest of the weekend!

Have a great weekend everyone!

5 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Good luck! Hope to hear from you soon! Going home next Friday night. Loves babe! Love me

7/27/2006 1:22 PM  
Blogger wafoli said...

In defense of movers everywhere, these things happen, but we never made mistakes ourselves, so maybe you're just dealing with incompetant people

7/27/2006 8:34 PM  
Blogger Tonya said...

I hope everything went okay with the movers. By the way I am jealous of all of the beautiful things you have seen already. Hopefully we can come and visit some day. Love Tonya

7/30/2006 11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sucks Heidi, I hate moving... I feel for ya! Except usually it's me that loses everything so it's my own damn fault. Miss you!

8/02/2006 12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jeff and Heidi,
I need a new address and phone numbers.
I would like to send you a disc of pictures.
Love and miss you both.
Aunt Trish

8/31/2006 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home