Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Ane we're off...

Heidi writes:

Hello! I wanted to write a quick post about training and my new colleagues. Training is going well. The Graduate and Greek Resident Directors are pretty fun. We have a good time during training. There are around 16 of us and we all have been getting along great. Each of us is different and come from all over the US and world - it is pretty exciting and leads to some good conversations. I have been mostly hanging out with Alicia (from CA, but went to school in IN), Jason (from MO, but went to school in IA), and Sylvia (from Slovakia, but went to school in NE). We have good times and lots of laughs. My Graduate Assistantship is different from what the others are doing. I am the GA for Programming and Training. That means, that I will help train the rest of the group (and RAs) on the programming model, help with ideas for programs throughout the year, and I will be helping create living/learning communities on campus. Those are the main aspects of my job, but I will be doing more - I am really looking forward to it.

I met with my advisor today. Her name is Joanna and she is awesome - I really like her. We sat down and wrote out my program model for the next two years, so I now know what classes I am taking and when. The big question now is thesis or no thesis...I will most likely write a thesis so my options for a doctoral degree stay open - can you imagine, me a doctor in something :-) I guess we will wait and see what the future holds! I do know that if all goes as planned I will graduate in May 2008 with a masters in Educational Administration and Leadership with a Specialization in Student Affairs!!

OK, so this quick post is becoming rather long, so I will wrap it. I promise that I will post pictures soon - both of campus, people, the apartment, etc... I hope all is going well with everyone!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Way to go babe! It is nice to have a plan of action and to feel you are moving forward! WOOWHOO!! Talk w.you soon! Loves babe!

Leaving for WI on Friday. :)

8/02/2006 9:57 AM  
Blogger Hal and Anna said...

Heidi-

Sounds like things are going great! I'm excited for you.... Grad school is AWESOME.

8/03/2006 8:38 PM  
Blogger Hal and Anna said...

By the way...

Did I ever tell you that Hal works with Stefanie Davis? She worked at the Elk's camp the same time you did....

Random connection!

8/06/2006 4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home