Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Labor Day Weekend

Heidi writes:

Hello all. I hope that you had a great Labor Day (besides mourning for the untimely loss of the Crocodile Hunter). Jeff and I had fun. On Friday, we took three of my co-workers/classmates to Lodi to a couple of the wineries. I didn't have the camera, but will post pictures once I get some emailed to me. On Saturday, we drove up to North Lake Tahoe and went camping with some of Jeff's co-workers. We got there around 1pm, set up, and then went kayaking on Lake Tahoe - good times, good times. We packed up camp on Sunday and drove down to South Lake Tahoe. We had lunch at the Heavenly Ski Resort area. We decided not to take the gondola ride and instead drove back home. We stopped at a couple turn-outs along the way to take in the views. It reminded us a lot of Yosemite and the sights were absolutely gorgeous! On Monday, we had two cookouts! Lunch with my co-workers and dinner with Brent and Kari. All in all it was a great weekend. Here are some pictures:


Alex (above) and Lolly (below) got to go swimming and get cleaned!

They were pretty dirty from playing at the campgound!

The picture below is part of Emerald Bay on Lake Tahoe. There is a castle on the island. I am hoping to hike this area sometime while were are here.

Jeff was driving and I kept snapping pictures. I took the one below out of the front window (sorry about the glare) of the view we had while drive along Lake Tahoe from the North to South.

I took this picture at a turn-out that we stopped at. I like it for two reasons: one, I like the tree in the front. I just thought it looked neat. The second reason I like it is because there are clouds in the sky. There are never clouds in Stockton, so seeing a cloud was good :-)

These two pictures are of Jason, Jeff, Sylvia, Alyssa, and AJ playing bocci ball. Jason grilled out for us at his apartment and it was fun hanging out with co-workers and classmates outside of the those settings! Jeff was absolutely amazing and kicked our butts in 2 out of the 3 games we played. We started making him play left-handed, but he still did a great job!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home