Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A Busy Week...

Heidi writes:

NASPA (National Association for Student Personnel Administrators) Western Regional Conference was a lot of fun. We had an excellent speaker on Thursday and then headed over to AT&T Park (where the Giants play baseball) for our welcoming ceremony! It was awesome. We got tours of the stadium that took us into the visitors locker room, the dugouts, and the field! Here are a couple of pictures:




The picture above is the locker room for the visiting team. The brown thing in the middle is an old door that was signed by all of the players who were in the locker room the last year the team played at Candlestick Park (now known as Monster Park). The picture below is me sitting in the dugout. It was so much fun!

I went to some pretty good sessions at the conference. My favorite was on legal issues in higher education. I just find it so interesting! There was also an interesting session on assessment and another on women in leadership positions. I was able to network with a lot of nice people and possibly found some internship sites for the summer. The hotel we were at was a block from Union Square. We were able to walk around, go shopping, and see some sites - we could see Coit Tower from our hotel room!

The picture above is the "Heart of San Francisco" - which is Union Square. It was obviously night time, but Union Square is a pretty cool place - an open 'mall area', tons of shopping places, and a cool place to hang out.

This week has been quite busy. I have a big paper and a presentation/paper due tomorrow night for one of my classes. Why they are both due on the same day is beyond my control, but I need to get those done. I am done with the presentation/paper, but need to do the research paper - or start the compilation of my research to write the paper! Once that is done I will be down to 2 big research papers, 1 big presentation, 1 oral exam, and a couple smaller papers. I only have 5 weeks of classes left!! That is so crazy!

We have tickets to the Standford football game this weekend, but not sure if we are going to go. The big Michigan vs. Ohio State game is on and that may be a better game to watch. Not sure what we are going to do, but either way, we will be off campus which will be nice :-)

I hope everyone is having a good week! For all my WI and MN friends - we need to plan a time to hang out when Jeff and I are back. I am sure New Year's will be at Jeff's parents' house. I do want to see people though!! I will send an email out later and we will figure it out. I am sure we will hit a couple of Thursday Night Poker games when we are home!

Oh, one more thing - GO PACK GO!!!! Ha, ha, ha all you VIKINGS fans (and yes, Jeff, that does include you)!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home