Friday, October 13, 2006

Kickball and Stuff

Heidi writes:

Last Saturday, I played in a kickball tourney with a few people from General Mills and a couple people of UoP. It was a great time. We played a total of 5 games, beginning at 9am!! We ended up getting 2nd place - so we got some snazzy t-shirts and a scare crow! The kickball tourney was part of Elk Grove's Harvest Festival. There were a lot of festivities going on throughout the day, including a giant pumpkin contest...they were huge! Here are a couple of pictures:

Me at my first kick of the day. I did OK, the first game, but then learned how to kick and I was very happy with my performance! I did a good job on the field as well, catching a few balls and making a couple of plays!


Here is a picture of the team with the scarecrow. Our team name..."Meet the Crockers!" I had to let everyone know that I was an orginal member of the "Meet the Crockers" team :-)
Here is a picture of a few of the giant pumpkins. They had other giant fruits and veggies, but none as big as the pumpkins. The winning pumpkin weighed in at over 1200 lbs!!

In other news, Jeff got a promotion at work!! YEAH :-) He had a great time when he was in MN. I have heard many great stories and have seen some wonderful pictures. I would post some of the pictures, but most of them turned out blurry - we need to teach everyone how to use our camera. I didn't even get to see any pictures of my kitties :-( However, Jeff told me that they are huge - Tackle weighs about 12 lbs. and Bait weighs in at about 16 lbs! I miss them lots and am very excited to see them in December. Speaking of that, we booked our plane tickets home!! We will be in flying out on Dec. 15 and returning on Jan. 2. Can't wait to see everyone!! Not sure what we are going to do this weekend...we'll bring the camera though!

2 Comments:

Blogger Christian said...

Although kickball is great, nothing compares to broomball. We should get a game going when you and Jeff get back to MN.

10/16/2006 9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww! Crockers! :)

something about giant pumpkins reminds me of severely obese people. feel free to use that as an ice breaker at your next gathering... and then blame your weird iowan friend for it.

10/16/2006 6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home