Sunday, September 17, 2006

Grape Fest or Bust...

Heidi writes:

So, Jeff and I were told all of these wonderful things about the annual Grape Fest that takes place in Lodi. We were pretty excited to go and experience our "first"!! Although there were some very neat murals made out of grapes and other food products, the fest was a total bust! It was more of a fair/carnival than a festival. We did eat at the Lockeford Sausage stand which was awesome, but then we took off. Here are a few pictures of the murals - they were really cool and huge!!


The photos above and below are a couple of the big murals. It was also the 100th birthday of Lodi, so many of the murals portrayed something related to that.




I loved the Wizard of Oz and Pooh and Friends murals. Keep in mind that they are made completely from grapes!



I took the picture below as a close-up on part of a mural. I love the wine and wine glass.



Jeff and I missed the Steele County Fair this year, which means that I was unable to eat my fill of frozen, dipped bananas. Well, after we had enough of the Grape Fest, we headed to the Lodi Brew Pub and had some dinner. We stopped at the chocolate store next door while walking back to the car and they had frozen bananas!! I was so excited!! I know it is not the greatest picture of me, but the banana was delicious!!

We spent all day Saturday watching college football. Now, when I say "all day", I really mean ALL DAY!! We went up to Elk Grove to Josh and Christina's and were there from about 10:30am-10:30pm!! We did leave for a couple of hours and went to TGIFridays for some food. It was a good time, however I did homework and took a nap while we were at the house!! Maybe I just had too much football!

Jeff and I went to the Valley Brewing Company this morning to watch football. Games start at 10am out here! Both the Vikings and Packers played at 10am and the bar had both of them on. We got there around 10:05 and there were two other guys in the bar - both Packer fans!! It was awesome - we got the big screen and the sound!! Jeff got a little screen and words, but his team also won, so that's fair!!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home