Sunday, September 24, 2006

Saturday morning...

Heidi writes:

Jeff ran in the "San Joaquin A+ Spoonful of Stories Run" on Saturday morning. General Mills was the major sponsor of the event. There were a few other Gen Mills employees who ran the race, but Jeff kicked butt!! He finished the race in 21:01.2!!! That is a 6 min and 47 sec mile pace! He beat his last 5k race time by over a full minute! It was pretty sweet. He finished 12th overall and was first in his age-class.



After Jeff finished the race, we hung around for little while. Well, about 10 minutes after Jeff finished the race, Mike Merriweather, a former MN Viking (and he played for the Packers for 2 games) crossed the line. It turns out that he is from Stockton and lives here now selling insurance. Jeff talked to him for a while, got his autograph, business card, and a picture.


Here is a picture of Jeff, Steve, Catherine, and Jacob (Steve's son).

It was a great way to start a Saturday morning - even if I wasn't thrilled at waking up at 6:45am!! I was glad that I went and am very happy that Jeff did so well!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How funny! I ran a 5K yesterday too! The race was part of the Beaverdale community festival (BeaverFest) called Beaverdash. Yes, there was a giant mascot Beaver named Dale to greet me at the finish line. I ran it in 27 min - 6 minutes faster than the one i ran last june, if i might brag a bit myself. Jeff, you clearly kicked my ass, but is that a curvy dude with a curly pony tail in front of you?? :) Heidi, you are far more devoted than my spouse, who was just getting out of bed when i returned from my race.

Love your blog - you lead far more adventurous lives than we do... but on the other hand, how many "beaver" jokes did you get to make this weekend??

Miss you guys lots!!!

9/24/2006 8:36 PM  
Blogger Tonya said...

Wow! I could never run a 5K. Then again I hate running so I wouldn't want to. But, way to go Jeff! We'll see you soon.

Tonya

9/28/2006 6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home